söndag 19 februari 2012

Let the sunshine in!


Even though I am a person who absolutely LOVES snow, cold weather, skiing and all of what winter brings, I must admit that even I long for spring at this point. On my birthday last week I received a couple of beautiful tulip bouquets from friends and family, and they still give color to our home. 



New additions to our living room are also the butterfly pictures by Danish Hagedornhagen, the colorful ceramic coasters from the local Second Hand store Vinden and the wooden benches my husband and I made this past summer for my graduation garden party. We've now painted them in gray and black and put them in the living room, as we needed more seats for when friends come over.



The wooden box is a classic, Swedish sugar box, which actually was used to hold cube sugar. The pillows were originally handmade with bird feathers by my grandmother and just got new pillowcases with fabrics from IKEA, which is also where the white sheepskin comes from. The beautiful grey/roan sheepskin comes from a local sheep farmer and was a gift from my mother in law.

I wish you all a great, sunny day!

/Sara

1 kommentar:

MammaElva sa...

Ååå, vad glad jag blir att jag hamnade här :) Sååå fin blogg!
Älskar själv tulpaner och har faktiskt också en socketlåda som gubben hittade på husets vind

Ha en fin söndag!
/Elin