måndag 2 januari 2012

2011 revised.



Mmm. Somehow, the year of 2011 was suddenly over and 2012 was here. 
I'm not actually sure I was completely done with 2011 when it so abruptly ended. You see, 2011 was a very special year to me. 2011 was the year I together with indispensable classmates and much loved friends struggled through the hardest parts of my studies. It was the year I finally graduated and got my Bachelor's degree in Oxford. 2011 was the year my husband and I moved back to Sweden and after ten years of somewhat indeterminate traveling and moving finally decided what "home" is and will be for the coming years. In 2011 I turned 25 and both my parents turned 50 and we had the maddest party ever and celebrated with friends and family for weeks. In 2011 I re-engaged in old as well as new friendships and gained much more joy than I even could have imagined from them. In 2011 I stood up for myself and resigned from a job because it did not correspond with my personal values. In 2011 my parents realized that all their kids are now adults. 2011 was the year I applied for, to my great joy advanced and finally got a job I only thought I could dream of. In 2011 I translated a book, in which I am very proud to have my name printed. In 2011 my husband and I celebrated 4 years of marriage and 8 years together. In 2011 I ran my first 10 kilometer race and achieved my best result so far. In 2011 I sang at my first concert for many, many years and absolutely loved it. In 2011 dear friends got engaged, had babies, some moved too far away and some moved closer. Friends fell ill and recovered. Others fell in love, some for the first time and some all over again. In 2011 I laughed, I cried, I lived, I loved and as we enter the new year of 2012 I look back with much joy and gratefulness for everything I have experienced during the year.


I wish you all a happy, blessed, exciting, and eventful new year!
Now, lean back, listen to this song by Diana Krall and think of all the small and big blessings in your life!


/Sara



1 kommentar:

permagnus sa...

Mmm ...jepp!Underbart!